Most adults and children diagnosed with cancer will live at least 5 years following diagnosis.
These improved outcomes have spurred research and funding opportunities in several areas including:
- Late and chronic effects of cancer and its treatments
- Psychosocial implications of cancer and its treatments
- Lifestyle choices and behaviors of survivors following cancer treatment
- Interventions to improve health outcomes after cancer and its treatment
- Impact of cancer on caregivers and families
Primary care providers have an important role in guiding cancer patients to enroll in clinical trials that may enhance our understanding about these issues.